A significant portion of the interview process will be nontechnical, “soft” job interview questions. Here are some of the most common ones you should be prepared for.
When I prepare for interviews I literally walk around the house answering these; talking to myself.
- What sparked your interest in tech? What got you to this point?
- What tech subjects, projects, or ideas are you currently interested in?
- What are your biggest strengths?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? // What are your career goals?
- Why do you want this specific job, at this specific company?